Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 7

Happy Mothers day, appa.

"Would you know my nameIf I saw you in heaven?Would it be the sameIf I saw you in heaven?"- Tears in Heaven, Eric Clapton

Losing a mother is as cruel as life gets. Over the years, I've heard so many people say, "she is in a better place", "God wants her more than you want her" Honestly, all that never helps because, it is as simple this, nobody gets over a loved one's death, we just deal with it on an everyday basis. It has been 15 years since my mom was taken away from us and I've still not made peace with her death. Some people find it ridiculous when I say that, but that's just how it is, there are somethings  in life- you just don't make peace with. The greater the number of years, deeper the sorrow.

 Saying that, I also believe, when God closes one door, he opens another. These 15 years have been nothing short of a rollercoaster ride, I am who I am because of only one person, my dad.This is a running joke in the family,how  my sister is such a daddy's little girl, and how I've always been a mommy's little girl. Yes, I am NOT a daddy's little girl, I know., but that does not mean I love him any less.This man has raised me and my sister  all by himself better than my mother would ever have. She  left us along time  but Boy! did she leave us with one hellava dad .  Her duty as a mother ended when she left us with the right man to do a woman's thankless job, and I might add, she did her job to the T.

Sometimes, when days get dark and hard, when all you need is a mother to talk or just her presence to make a difference; I look at appa, and I take comfort because, he is as close to a mother I'll ever have. Thank you appa, for everthing. I may not tell you how much I love you everyday, I may not be the best daughter, I test your patience, I whine, I crib, I complain, I throw tantrums, inspite of it all, you still are patient with me, you still have my best interest at heart, you love me twice-once for you and once  for amma. For, we are who we are because of you and only. A simple thank you would never do  justice  for all the sacrifices, love, patience, guidance, and support you have given us these last 15 years.  Appa, you are the leading man in my life, you always will be.

PS- Happy Mothers day, appa. I love you
PPS-Happy Mothers Day to all the mommies. We know you are the best:)

13 comments:

  1. Awesomwe blog. I am feeling the love totally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too :-)

    Cheers
    Anisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. if your dad's the one who made u what u are today, am sure he now, is a proud man..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nanditha and Anisha- :D

    @Sharika- Thank You, that is so sweet. A very happy mothers day to your amma. I bet she is one proud of woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. soo true shobi :)kudos to uncle for doing this cause its not easy to single handedly raise two children and to you and your sis for turning out the way you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. shobi that was so touching... Hats off to ur dad:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nethra- Thank you.
    @Manish- Yes,hats off to him:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hugs shobitha....

    ReplyDelete
  9. hugs shobitha...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I TOTALLY ACCEPT WHEN U SAID ONE CANNOT GET OVER A DEATH OR SICKNESS OF A LOVED ONE.3 THINGS MAN CANNOT CHANGE IS REGRET,PAIN AND GRIEF.MAKING PEACE WITH BELOVEDS DEATH IS A LIFE LONG PROCESS AND NOT A ONE DAY CRASH COURSE,IT IS A DAILY HOMEWORK.YES I MISS MY DADDY TOO.I SOMETIMES SIT AND IMAGINE HOW BEAUTIFUL IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HAD HE DONE MY KANYADAN,IF HE WERE PRESNT FOR MY WEDDING DAY,MUMMY WOULD HAVE LOOKED BEAUTIFUL IN A MADISHAR,POTTU,MANGALYAM,BANGES AND ORNAMENTS.BOTH TO GETHER WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE VISHNU AND LAKSHMI.FANTACIES ARE THE ONLY WAY I CAN SATIATE MY DESIRES.I ONLY STRIVE TO FORGIVE MY FATHER FOR THE HURT HE CAUSED UNKNOWINGLY BY LEAVING ME,MUM N ROHIT ALONE DURING HIS SICNESS AND DEATH.I ONLY WISH THAT HE FORGIVES ME FOR ALL THOSE THING SAID AN DID THAT MIGHT HAVE CAUSED HIM PAIN AND HURT.TOO ALL SINGLE PARENTS.THANK YOU FOR BEING MOTHERS AND FATHERS IN A SINGLE BODY .HAPPY PARENTS DAY TO ALL PARENTS .

    ReplyDelete
  11. ur dad is one of the very few best mens i had ever seen....am proud to know uncle....love u shobi hugs <3

    ReplyDelete

Aw, come on,leave me a comment.